SKILLS Unlimited Staffing
Global investments firm in Little Rock, Arkansas, is looking for an accountant who will be responsible for all aspects of expense and revenue tracking for the Public Finance department.
Pay: $65,000 to $70.000 annually, DOE
Hours: 8:00-5:00, Monday through Friday
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to engagement accounts for municipal underwritings.
- Serve as liaison with Public Finance personnel, providing them with routine and special information, updates, and reports.
- Maintain inventory database to appropriately transfer funds (i.e. trade profit, commissions, accrued interest and cost-to-carry) from inventory to underwriting accounts.
- Verify accuracy of inter-office commission allocations to various engagement accounts.
- Backup for employee responsible for daily bank reconciliations.
- Verification that daily required documents from Workday are properly recorded and stored in COOL (WORM compliant) for Stephens Inc and related companies.
- Verification that supporting documents/analysis ties to Workday trial balance for Stephens and related companies.
- Record incoming funds (checks and wires) from other broker/dealers on completed municipal deals.
- Assist in monthly maintenance of RMOL.
- Monthly analysis of various departmental financial statements as assigned by management, including preparation of footnotes for management.
- Responsible for set-up, maintenance and reconciliation of fixed asset accounting system for the firm and multiple related companies.
- Assist in monthly production and distribution of departmental financial statements, including editing footnotes for financials.
- Monthly analysis of various revenue and expense accounts as assigned by management.
- Work directly with the external auditors to produce required information to complete the audit of the firm, and answer any questions they might have.
- Assist in maintaining financial reports.
- Special projects requested by management.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Two years of related experience and/or training
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPA exam preferred.